Maths, I.T. and Numeracy
S1-3 (the first 3 years of secondary) is a broad general education in Numeracy and Mathematics covering the Curriculum for Excellence levels.
S4 – 6 (the final 3 years) is set ability Mathematics aiming for the very best in attainment for all our young people. Bannockburn High School presents Life Skills Maths at National 2 and 3 levels and Maths at National 4, 5, The New Higher and Advance Higher Levels. In addition the department offers a number of National progression Awards in Personal Finance and Digital Literacy.
- Mrs S Harris -Mathematics/Curricular Leader
- Mrs V Davidson- Mathematics Teacher
- Miss R Esmail- Mathematics Teacher
- Mrs L Pickavance – Mathematics Teacher
- Ms S Casey- Business Education Teacher
- Mrs E Mcphee – Business Education
- Ms D Henry- Computing Studies Teacher
- Mrs A Blades- Computing Studies Teacher
- Ms N Sharp -Mathematics Teacher
Raising interaction with respect to Maths the Department have regular competitions and Numeracy activities such as:
- Puzzle of the week – answers to Mrs Del Valle
- Sumdog Maths competitions – Bannockburn High School is best performing secondary school in Stirling and Clackmannanshire for the last 2 years
- Mistake of the week Competition
- University lectures visits at Herriot Watt University
- Stirling University Lecturers in to school to speak to pupils
- RAF in for Numeracy sessions with the S3 pupils
- Numeracy afternoons throughout the year for S1 Pupils
- Maths Challenge competitions for Individuals and Junior Teams Challenges
Supported Study is offered within the Maths Department please see the link below to see times.