Languages and Literacy
Learning a new language and developing literacy skills are vital to your child’s future success.
At Bannockburn H.S we teach a range of exciting and intresting courses in S1-3. Additionally, pupils can progress to studying N4, N5, Higher and Advanced Higher in all subject areas. Furthermore, pupils in S5 and 6 can opt to study N4 or N5 Media in the departmeant.
Every year we organise a range of extra-curricular oppurtunities for pupils, including visits to the pantomime in S1, the local library, theatre producing and much, much more.
- Mrs R Sheppard – Curriculum Leader
- Mrs S. MacKinnon – Teacher of English
- Mrs M Rae – Teacher of English
- Miss L McGibbon – Teacher of English and Media
- Mrs H McAlister – Teacher of English
- Miss S. Rice – Teacher of Modern Languages
- Miss E Raguenet – Teacher of Modern Languages
- Miss K Gibbons – Teacher of Modern Languages
- Mrs V Sherry- Teacher of Modern Languages/Deputy head teacher
National 5 English
All pupils are encouraged to come to the department during any lunchtime for extra support in their studies. This can be arranged with their teacher.