Within the Languages Faculty young people have the opportunity to
- Develop and extend literacy skills
- Improve communication skills and build relationships
- Engage with and create a wide range of texts in different media, taking advantage of the opportunities offered by ICT
- Develop understanding of what is special, vibrant and valuable about our own and other cultures and their languages as well as how they are connected to English
- Explore the richness and diversity of language, how it can affect them and the wide range of ways in which language is used in daily life
- Develop skills that they can use and enjoy in work and leisure throughout their life
- Extend and enrich their vocabulary through listening, talking, watching, reading and writing.
- Miss S. Rice – PT Faculty
- Mrs M. Rae – PT Curriculum – English
- Miss M. McMillan – Teacher of Modern Languages
- Miss F. Moffatt – Teacher of Modern Languages
- Mrs S. MacKinnon – Teacher of English
- Mrs J. Mackay – Teacher of English and RME
- Mrs M. Lee – Teacher of English / PT Pupil Support
- Mrs F. Cochrane – Teacher of English / PT Pupil Support
- Mr S. Milligen – Teacher of English
- Mrs V. Hambly – Teacher of English
1.30 pm / Room 328
Come along to improve your critical essay and close reading skills!
National 5 English
1.30 pm / Room 322
Come along to improve your critical essay skills!
1.30 pm /Room 328
Come along to improve your close reading skills!
All pupils are encouraged to come to the department during any lunchtime for extra support in their studies. This can be arranged with their teacher.